Join our virtual challenges to keep you motivated and on track all year long with the support of active and adventurous minded people just like you!
Challenges are FREE and ONLY open to current L2S members. Learn more about supporting our amazing community and all perks now HERE.
These challenges will be hosted on private L2S facebook event pages and strava clubs to track activity and for added accountability where you can connect with other members to motivate and support each other.
October Elevation challenge:
How does it work?
– Shoot to accumulate 31k of elevation over the month!
– Join “Hell week” from October 19th-25th where we challenge you to run, walk, hike or bike over 1000 feet of elevation each day! For those local to Colorado we will have live hikes and trail runs to join.
– Finish strong on Hill-o-ween! Wear a costume on the final day, October 31st and share a screenshot. The person with the most creative costume + impressive method of elevation gain that day wins a special prize!
November 10,000 steps a day challenge!
Rack up 10,000 steps every day of November! Run, walk, hike or stair climbing all counts towards the goal. This challenge includes a private group where you can track your steps/mileage for added accountability and cheer on other group members. We will also be posting regular workouts and mini challenges to keep you on track and motivated during the dark, cold days.
December “Do something Active every day!”
Join this social virtual challenge where we will motivate and encourage each other to stay active during the darkest days of the busy holiday season! Anything goes for this challenge as long as it is at least 30 minutes (according to the Surgeons general, American Heart Association and most other medical bodies out there that is the amount of daily exercise we need to prevent chronic disease and to look and feel our best!).
Walking, swimming, biking, strength training, yoga, snowshoeing, running, boxing, you name it, as long as you are moving for 30 minutes it all counts!
—-> This challenge includes a private group with built in accountability and support, 1-2 workouts a week and some fun mini challenges AND our famous “12 Days of Fitness” daily add-on workouts!
Jump start January!
February Wellness challenge:
March Pi run streak challenge:
As spring approaches, we are working on building up our base for race season!! Now is the perfect time to hone in on our running and work on consistency. It’s time for a Pi run streak challenge: Can you run 3.14 miles each day of March??
– Weekly training tips, workouts and resources to support your training
– An amazing private community that will provide accountability, camaraderie and support
– Double miles for running on Pi day (3.14)
– Prizes for everyone who tracks 3.14 miles (running only) EVERY day of March!
Get Active in April 30 day challenge!
Our April challenge includes 30 unique fitness activities or workouts that you must complete daily. Once you register you will be sent the full version of the chart, we start on April 1st!
How does it work?
We’ve gamified this a bit. Once you check off an item on the chart you cannot do it again, you must choose something else. The challenge includes unique cardio + strength workouts and mini challenges, our goal is to help you get outside of your comfort zone and push yourself through completing all 30 days. You do not need any special equipment for this challenge.
May “Everest” Elevation challenge:
How much elevation can you gain in one month?
Set a goal and then see how much elevation you can get in one month. Run, walk, stair climb, hike OR bike! Join this social virtual challenge where we will motivate and encourage each other to create habits and establish consistency in our workouts, especially for those with summer races and big hikes planned!
The main challenge goal for everyone is to gain the equivalent elevation of climbing Mount Everest, 29,029 feet by the end of the month. We will be awarding the person with the most accumulated elevation by June 1st with a package of prizes from our partners including a summer race entry, trucker hat, run/hike apparel and more!!
Included in the challenge:
– Access to a private facebook group where we will post motivating messages, workout ideas, training tips and resources. Make sure to join to support and cheer on your friends and fellow challenge goers!
– An open tracking spreadsheet where you can track your elevation gain and see how you are stacking up against others in the group
– Workout ideas to get in your elevation in fun and efficient ways (including several strength workouts to prepare those quads, glutes and calf muscles for all of the extra climbing)!
– Treadmill and stairmaster workouts for days you cannot make it outdoors for your workout and a tool to convert mileage/grade to elevation gain.
We will also be doing several special mini challenges over the month including:
– Most elevation in one day
– “Hill week” (play off of Hell week) where you try to get 1000 feet or more each day for 7 days consecutively
– Best picture from a run/hike
– First person who gains the equivalent elevation of climbing Mount Everest, 29,029 feet