REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR OUR 2018 SUMMIT SEASON!!
Support, training and community to hike your first 14er!
If Colorado is known for one thing, it is the Rocky Mountains and the 54 fourteen thousand foot peaks so many hikers, weekend warriors and outdoor lovers attempt to summit each summer.
Hiking up and down a 14er is almost a right of passage in Colorado these days and rightly so; standing on top of a peak, taking in the view of the surrounding snow capped peaks and the world unfolded before you and that exhilarating feeling of accomplishment is a once in a lifetime experience.
Check out our new L2S 14er training plan which includes:
- 6 week training plan (to complete on your own or with friends)
- 2 recommended strength workouts a week
- 3 recommended cardio workouts a week (including hikes at specific trails across the front range)
- 2 group “training hikes”
- Online support: access to our private facebook group where we post regular training articles, workouts and where you can connect with other women to train/hike with!
- Clinic on gear: boots, poles, packs what to wear, pack, eat, how to handle technical descents, pacing, etc. (for those training out of state we will provide a video copy of the clinic)
- Guided hikes up some of Colorado’s most beautiful and best 14ers for beginners
*Your guide will carry extra snacks, water and first aid. She will also be your trip photographer and will share all photo’s of your accomplishment with the group post hike!
- Mount Sherman on June 30th
- Mount Quandary on July 15th
- Grays and Torreys on August 12th (Bag 2 in one day!!)
- Mount Bierstadt September 15th
*One more summit may be added, stay tuned!
After we conquer the peak we will meet for lunch to celebrate at local historic Colorado restaurants like the famous Beau Jo’s pizza in Idaho Springs.
Don’t live in Colorado?
Follow the program on your own (or with friends and family) and then join us for the summit! Special pricing for out-of-stater participants below.
In 2018, we are requiring that you attend at least 1 training hike AND the clinic in order to be eligible to attend the group summit. Hiking up and down a 14 thousand peak is not to be taken lightly, last year we had a record amount of deaths on our mountains due to inexperience or lack of planning. We take what we do seriously and we want you to too! Neglecting to train properly or not being prepared not only jepordizes your safety and ability to summit but that of the other paid members of the group too.
There will be exceptions for those who participated in last year’s program or are training from out of state.
- *First ascent: $175- includes all listed above
- 2nd ascent (required completion of training program and 1st peak with L2S): $110 (2 training hikes + group summit)
- 3 peak package: $330 (commit to 3 summits and get the training program for free!)
- Out-of-state: $135 (virtual clinic + complete the training hikes on your own)
*Includes training program + clinic, a requirement for those summiting their first 14er with L2S.
—–> L2S members save %15 on all our programs and clinics!! Learn more about membership HERE.
*Full hike schedule/locations will be sent via email with your training program!
SIGN-UP NOW!! Spots are limited (we cap each summit at 12).
You can choose any of the below Peaks for your “first ascent” with us. If you do more than one summit with us the 2nd peak is just $110 (as you’ve already completed the training plan and are ready to go!).
Congrats to everyone who completed our “Hike a 14er” courses in 2016 and 2017!
View pictures from all of our adventures HERE