Let’s face it, there are very few really detailed training plans out there for trail runners. The cheap or free cookie cutter plans available online just aren’t for everyone.
If you live in Colorado and are training for your first (or hundredth) trail 1/2 or full marathon, our custom plans are designed by a Colorado native and degreed exercise specialist and coach who has been running the front range trails (and local races) for almost 20 years!
These programs are specifically designed to help you train properly and safely for a Colorado trail race. Our unique, rocky and steep terrain takes something a little more than the traditional approach to training.
Check out the options below and we can’t wait to be a part of your journey to an epic year of trail running and racing in 2020!
Mountain Goat plan:
This plan isn’t for the faint of heart (or legs). We will design routes, workouts and drills that make sure you are prepared for tough Colorado events like these (including but not limited to):
– Leadville Heavy Half
– Imogene Pass
– Pikes Peak Ascent (trail 1/2)
Go with the Flow plan:
This plan is for those a little newer to trail running who are seeking a tamer intro into the world of trail racing. These events are most likely at lower elevations, include more rolling hills and slight to moderately technical terrain. Examples include:
– Bear Chase (10k- ultra distances)
– Any of the Colorado Xterra or Endurance Race series events (5k-1/2 marathon distance)
– Snowmass Ragnar Trail relay
Our plans are designed for 10K (6 week) and 1/2 marathon distances (10 week plan).
*Send a message if you are interested in a custom distance, marathon or ultra plan as pricing will vary.
Am I ready for a plan?
You need to have a base of at least 10 miles a week (consistently) with a 4 mile long run to start the 10k plan and 20 miles/week and 6 mile long run to start the half marathon plan. Ideally you have some trail running experience and access to the trails at least once a week.
Join the training group!
Want a little more support and camaraderie of training with a group? Want to make lifelong trail running friends?
Check out our women’s training group where we meet at different trails across the front range, increasing distance each week to train for a local trail race!
—-> Training group members get discounts on plans too:
– Full training group program participants get $20 off a plan
– Short course program participants get $10 off a plan
Learn more HERE.
What the plan includes:
- 2 (15) minute calls to talk through the training plan, goals, time management/planning, race course, strategy and more!
- Customized day by day program with trails across the front range you need to be running for your specific event
- Videos tutorials of exercises/drills
- Strength and cross training plan (access to custom app where we load 2 strength/conditioning workouts a week for you to follow)
- Speed, hill and stair workouts
10k = $75
1/2 marathon= $119
*L2S members save 15% on all programs. Learn more about becoming a member and all of the perks now HERE.
Examples of articles and workouts from coach Lauren:
Hill repeat workouts