All of us at Life’s 2 Short Fitness are really missing the weekly interactions with our local group here in Colorado. Typically, we are meeting at different trails 2-3 times a week to sweat and laugh together while we soak in some fresh air and rid our stresses through exploration.
We’ve done our best under the circumstances to pivot and will be expanding our local training running program to include more perks virtually so that our women can continue to stay connected, motivated and goal oriented.
We all need something to do, something to look forward to doing each day and a larger purpose to continue to keep on keepin’ on!
Join us through this journey to become a stronger and more disciplined runner during these times through our virtual coaching starting late April-through May that includes virtual group strength workouts, weekly training plans with track, hill and interval workouts, special clinics and Q & A sessions with our coaches support through our community of runners.
We will train together (virtually until restrictions allow live small group training) and shoot to accomplish a big run like the Skyline Traverse, 4 Pass loop (Maroon Bells), 10 peaks traverse in Silverthorne, or even part of the Leadville course and conquer Mosquito pass! Hopefully it will be safe and allowed for small groups of 10 or less to recreate outdoors by mid to late summer so if it comes down to it we can vote and train for one of these big goals.
What to expect:
- Weekly email with a run schedule with 3-4 prescribed runs a week that include pace + effort goals, track, interval and hill workouts. Our goal for the next month is to maintain a 20-30 mile a week base, running no more than 4 days a week (with the other days for cross training, strength training and recovery) to keep up your running fitness and health right now so when we can start training hard for a specific goal you are ready to go!
- One live zoom workout a week (will email description + video of workout if you cannot make it) either strength or pilates/yoga specific for trail runners.
- One zoom meetup with a coach or expert guest speaker once a week. Typically will be a prepared 30ish minute talk with time for Q & A. Upcoming topics include sports nutrition, injury prevention/treatment, creating your own ultra adventure run and more fun topics! We are open to suggestions too!
- Access to our private Whatsapp group where you can communicate with the other runners in the group and where you can reach our coaches with training questions, tips, etc.
- Set a goal for an adventure run as a group to train for! With so many of our big bucketlist races
- Programming by exercise physiologists, professional running coaches and seasoned trail and ultra runners.
Just $69 a month!
*This is less than half of what competitors charge for a similar training service!!
Team BU and L2S members save 15% discount on monthly program fee.
Let’s face it, there are very few really detailed training plans out there for trail runners. The cheap or free cookie cutter plans available online just aren’t for everyone.
If you live in Colorado and are training for your first (or hundredth) trail 1/2 or full marathon, our custom plans are designed by a Colorado native and degreed exercise specialist and coach who has been running the front range trails (and local races) for almost 20 years!
These programs are specifically designed to help you train properly and safely for a Colorado trail race. Our unique, rocky and steep terrain takes something a little more than the traditional approach to training.
Our training plans are designed by exercise physiologists and professional run coaches to give you guidance, structure and support to continue running strong and reach your goals!
We help you to build a solid foundation from the ground up. No cookie cutter workouts or guesswork, this membership will supply you with novel weekly workouts designed just for trail runners so you know exactly what you should be doing to become a stronger, more injury proof athlete.
Check out the options below and we can’t wait to be a part of your journey to an epic year of trail running and racing in 2020!
Mountain Goat plan:
This plan isn’t for the faint of heart (or legs). We will design routes, workouts and drills that make sure you are prepared for tough Colorado events like these (including but not limited to):
– Leadville Heavy Half
– Imogene Pass
– Pikes Peak Ascent (trail 1/2)
Go with the Flow plan:
This plan is for those a little newer to trail running who are seeking a tamer intro into the world of trail racing. These events are most likely at lower elevations, include more rolling hills and slight to moderately technical terrain. Examples include:
– Bear Chase (10k- ultra distances)
– Any of the Colorado Xterra or Endurance Race series events (5k-1/2 marathon distance)
– Snowmass Ragnar Trail relay
Our plans are designed for 10K (6 week) and 1/2 marathon distances (10 week plan).
*Send a message if you are interested in a custom distance, marathon or ultra plan as pricing will vary.
Am I ready for a plan?
You need to have a base of at least 10 miles a week (consistently) with a 4 mile long run to start the 10k plan and 20 miles/week and 6 mile long run to start the half marathon plan. Ideally you have some trail running experience and access to the trails at least once a week.
Join the training group!
Want a little more support and camaraderie of training with a group? Want to make lifelong trail running friends?
Check out our women’s training group where we meet at different trails across the front range, increasing distance each week to train for a local trail race!
—-> Training group members get discounts on plans too:
– Full training group program participants get $20 off a plan
– Short course program participants get $10 off a plan
Learn more HERE.
What the plan includes:
- 2 (15) minute calls to talk through the training plan, goals, time management/planning, race course, strategy and more!
- Customized day by day program with trails across the front range you need to be running for your specific event
- Videos tutorials of exercises/drills
- Strength and cross training plan (access to custom app where we load 2 strength/conditioning workouts a week for you to follow)
- Speed, hill and stair workouts
10k = $75
1/2 marathon= $119
*L2S members save 15% on all programs. Learn more about becoming a member and all of the perks now HERE.
Examples of articles and workouts from coach Lauren:
Hill repeat workouts