Whether you are completely new to obstacle course racing or have a couple of events under your belt and want to learn some additional skills to get through the course with more confidence (and less burpees) you will come out of these workouts with the confidence, skills and fitness to finish your OCR event with pride!
Join our weekly workouts at playgrounds and parks across the front range to practice skills and build fitness for all your OCR events this summer!
These are fun, challenging and skills based sessions. Our workouts are meant to complement your current training in the gym, however you just can’t beat practicing in the elements on similar terrain and objects you may see on the course.
We keep the class sizes small (10-15 women) so you are getting the benefit of small group coaching for a fraction of the cost. Our goal is to give you the knowledge, skills and live feedback so that you can train on your own to successfully complete your event!
—-> There will be the option to train for and complete Colorado obstacle races (like the Spartan, Warrior Dash and more) together as a group!
All workouts include work on special skills like:
- How to overcome fear of heights
- Specific exercises to prevent injury and increase upper body and grip strength
- How to do the monkey bars like a kid again!
- Tips and tricks for mastering trail running including steep uphills and technical downhils
- How to run faster
- How to get over any wall, without help!
- How to conquer the rope climb and other obstacles that require heavy lifting
- Tips for getting through specific obstacles, how to pace yourself, race day tips
After you join you will have access to our local Facebook group where we will be posting regular training tips and articles and you can meet other active women and moms in your area who you can train with!!
Most workouts will take place in Lakewood, Littleton, Centennial, Denver, Englewood, Aurora and more including:
- Trail runs to workout on fitness and technique for technical, steep hills (like at Fort Carson and Breck)
- Several bouldering/rock climbing excursions to learn to conquer our fear of heights and workout on footwork/grip strength for the z-wall, ropes and more
- Several open water swim sessions to work on our cold water tolerance and swimming skills.
Here are a list of the upcoming races we will train for and complete as a group:
5.13: Spartan sprint at Fort Carson (5-6 miles)
8.27: Spartan Sprint at Breckenridge ski resort (5-6 miles)
8.26: Terrain race Denver (5 or 10k options)
8.12: Rugged Maniac (5kish)
So many options!! Our summer membership includes 7-9 classes a week, mornings, evenings and weekends from June-mid August.
$40/5 classes a month
$30/3 classes a month
—–> Learn more about the summer membership and all of the class days, times and locations HERE.
Lauren Jones grew up climbing trees and fell in love with trail running and rock climbing in college. She was not a competitive athlete until after she had her 2 boys (now 5 and 2). In her first obstacle course race, the Breckenridge Spartan sprint, she finished in 2nd place for females and went onto finish in 3rd place for elite females in the Copper Mountain Warrior Dash earning a free ticket to the world championships in Nashville last October. She also earned several top 5 finishes in trail races in 2016. She is hoping for more OCR podiums and top finishes in mountain trail races in 2017. Lauren has her degree in exercise science and sports performance, is certified through the American College of Sports Medicine and has been working in the fitness industry for almost 15 years! She has been through it all: gaining and losing over 50lbs with both pregnancies, post-partum depression, injuries, auto-immune disease and has started from scratch many times so whatever your fitness level, goals or life situation she can relate!