Have you always wanted to try the exciting sport of mountain biking but don’t have a bike and/or feel a little intimidated?
Or maybe you have a bike but its been so long since you’ve rode that it is sitting in the garage collecting dust.
Check out the L2S and Switchback Chics of Colorado women’s beginner mountain biking course!
This program will follow the same model as our popular trail running courses: guided and coached rides at beginner friendly trails across the front range paired with clinics featuring expert guest speakers.
In this 6 week program we will cover:
– Pacing, hill technique and fitness for mountain biking
– Wildlife, safety on the trails, trail etiquette, right of way and sustainability.
– Proper shifting and breaking technique
– Gear for mountain biking, how to change a flat, correctly size/adjust your bike and more basics
– How to handle steep grades, technical terrain, switchbacks, water bars, etc
Have some experience mountain biking and looking for something more advanced?
Check out our women’s mountain biking training group! This 10 week program entails bi-weekly rides at different trails across the front range, training for an epic graduation ride and/or option to complete a mountain bike race or two (with some talks on strategy).
Monday and Tuesday evenings (6:15pm) and Sunday (8:30am) mornings starting the first week of August!
More program details:
– We will meet and explore a different trail each week! (along the c-470 cooridor between Golden-Parker)
– New Bike Rental Options available! If you don’t own a mountain bike or are looking to upgrade, rent a high performance, full suspension, women’s specific mountain bike for the full course directly from us (you keep the bike for the entire 6 weeks to ride outside of our sessions on your own)
– Includes swag + a big discount on a new bike if you decide to invest in your new found hobby!
– We’ve partnered up with Switchback Chics of Colorado for this program. After you “graduate” from the program they will be organizing regular social rides so you can continue to work on your newly learned skills.
– All L2S programs are beginner centric and designed to be inclusive and provide an atmosphere of encouragement. Most sessions will include at least one L2S “trailblazer”, women with experience mountain biking and familiar with local trails to help make sure all participants feel safe and included (no one left behind)!
– Make new friends to ride with!
*L2S members save 15% on all programs and attend special events/clinics free or at cost! Learn more about joining our community now here!
Session #1: (pre-season)
Gear clinic and group social with a local bike shop
A mountain bike pro will join us for a talk about gear for mountain biking, pedals, how to change a flat, proper bike fitting, etc. Enjoy snacks and adult beverages as you get to know your instructor and fellow course participants.
Trail basics and easy ride
We will cover basics like how to break and shift properly + smoothly and proper body and peddle position while ascending, descending and on technical terrain. Then head out for an easy 4 mile ride on a trail with a gentle climb with mostly smooth trail winding through green fields filled with wildflowers.
Wildlife and trail safety talk
Before we will discuss the local wildlife, how to handle encounters, safety on the trails, trail etiquette, right of way and sustainability.
This fun and adventurous route includes some short climbs, winding trails through field and forest and several creek crossings!
Tackling technical terrain
We will practice balance points, weight distribution, tackling technical terrain, sighting and cornering before heading out to practice our skills in a local bike park with beginner friendly obstacles.
Fitness and pacing for mountain biking
We will talk about briefly about fitness for mountain biking and what you should be doing off the bike to prevent injury and improve your strength and stamina for longer, tougher rides and then onto some fast, fun and smooth trails wind up, down and around. This roller coaster like terrain is the perfect place to hone in our pacing and skills for quick shifting and sharp curves. *We may hold an additional option to join a workout at a local gym, TBA
Time to show off your new mountain biking skills. We will have 2 location options depending on which session you signed up for. Each route is unique and boasts a variety of terrain and gorgeous scenery and viewpoints! Afterwards we will stop by a local brewery to celebrate completion of the course with brews (or kombucha)!
Registration now open!
Don’t see a day/time that works in your schedule?
Leave your info in the contact form below and if we have enough interest we will open up another course option!
*Example: We’ve had some interest in a late morning class for stay at home moms!
Lauren Jones grew up riding the trails in Littleton Colorado and hasn’t stopped! She has her degree in exercise science and sports performance and has experience with long cross country style mountain bike rides and racing.
L2S has teamed up with Switchback Chics of Coloradofor this program.
Switchback Chics mission is to unite & encourage women to be unique, adventure often, pursue passions & discover their true north.