Have you always wanted to try the exciting sport of mountain biking but don’t have a bike and/or feel a little intimidated?
Or maybe you have a bike but its been so long since you’ve rode that it is sitting in the garage collecting dust.
Check out the L2S and Switchback Chics of Colorado women’s beginner mountain biking course!
This program will follow the same model as our popular trail running courses: guided and coached rides at beginner friendly trails across the front range paired with clinics featuring expert guest speakers.
In this 5 week program we will cover:
– Pacing, hill technique and fitness for mountain biking
– Wildlife, safety on the trails, trail etiquette, right of way and sustainability.
– Proper shifting and breaking technique
– Gear for mountain biking, how to change a flat, correctly size/adjust your bike and more basics
– How to handle steep grades, technical terrain, switchbacks, water bars, etc
Have some experience mountain biking and looking for something more advanced?
Check out our women’s mountain biking training group! This 7 week program entails bi-weekly rides at different trails across the front range, training for an epic graduation ride!
Starting August 12th-September 16th (no class on Labor Day weekend)
Tuesday OR Wednesday evenings (6:15pm) options.
Sunday’s are SOLD OUT!
—–> View updates and additional resources on the official Facebook event page for the course HERE.
More program details:
– We will meet and explore a different trail each week! (along the c-470 cooridor between Golden-Parker)
– If you don’t have a bike we have worked out discounted rentals with Elevation Cycles (rentals from Highlands Ranch) and C3 cycles (rentals from Denver and Golden) and they will help you/teach you how to get it into any sized vehicle!
– Includes swag + a big discount on a new bike if you decide to invest in your new found hobby!
– We’ve partnered up with Switchback Chics of Colorado for this program. After you “graduate” from the program they will be organizing regular social rides so you can continue to work on your newly learned skills.
– All L2S programs are beginner centric and designed to be inclusive and provide an atmosphere of encouragement. Most sessions will include at least one L2S “trailblazer”, women with experience mountain biking and familiar with local trails to help make sure all participants feel safe and included (no one left behind)!
– Make new friends to ride with!
*L2S members save 15% on all programs and attend special events/clinics free or at cost! Learn more about joining our community now here!
Register early, spots are limited!!
Introduction and Gear clinic with Elevation Cycles
A mountain bike pro will join us for a talk about gear for mountain biking, pedals, how to change a flat, proper bike fitting, etc. followed by an easy 4 mile ride. This trail has a gentle climb with mostly smooth trail winding through green fields filled with wildflowers.
Wildlife and trail safety talk
Before we will discuss the local wildlife, how to handle encounters, safety on the trails, trail etiquette, right of way and sustainability.
This fun and adventurous route includes some short climbs, winding trails through field and forest and several creek crossings!
Technical terrain talk
We will practice balance points, weight distribution, shifting and breaking techniques and turning before heading out. Our route includes some climbing and views of the city and surrounding foothills while practicing our skills on sections with loose rock and steeper grades.
Fitness and pacing for mountain biking
We will talk about briefly about fitness for mountain biking and what you should be doing off the bike to prevent injury and improve your strength and stamina for longer, tougher rides and then onto some fast, fun and smooth trails wind up, down and around. This roller coaster like terrain is the perfect place to hone in our pacing and skills for quick shifting and sharp curves.
Time to show off your new mountain biking skills. We will have 2 location options depending on which session you signed up for. Each route is unique and boasts a variety of terrain and gorgeous scenery and viewpoints!
Lauren Jones grew up riding the trails in Littleton Colorado and hasn’t stopped! She has her degree in exercise science and sports performance and has experience with long cross country style mountain bike rides and racing.
L2S has teamed up with Switchback Chics of Coloradofor this program.
Switchback Chics mission is to unite & encourage women to be unique, adventure often, pursue passions & discover their true north.