Have you always wanted to try the exciting sport of mountain biking but don’t have a bike and/or feel a little intimidated?
Or maybe you have a bike but its been so long since you’ve rode that it is sitting in the garage collecting dust.
Check out the L2S women’s beginner mountain biking course!
This program will follow the same model as our popular trail running courses: guided and coached rides at beginner friendly trails across the front range paired with clinics featuring expert guest speakers.
In this 5 week program we will cover:
– Pacing, hill technique and fitness for mountain biking
– Wildlife, safety on the trails, trail etiquette, right of way and sustainability.
– Proper shifting and breaking technique
– Gear for mountain biking, how to change a flat, correctly size/adjust your bike and more basics
– How to handle steep grades, technical terrain, switchbacks, water bars, etc
Starting the 3rd week of June-2nd week of July.
Tuesday evening AND Sunday morning options!
More program details:
– We will meet and explore a different trail each week! (along the c-470 cooridor between Golden-Parker)
– If you don’t have a bike we have worked out discounted rentals with Elevation Cycles and they will help you/teach you how to get it into any sized vehicle!
– Includes swag + a big discount on a new bike if you decide to invest in your new found hobby!
– We’ve partnered up with Switchback Chics of Colorado for this program. After you “graduate” from the program they will be organizing regular social rides so you can continue to work on your newly learned skills.
– All L2S programs are beginner centric and designed to be inclusive and provide an atmosphere of encouragement. Most sessions will include a L2S “trailblazer”, a women with experience mountain biking and familiar with local trails to help make sure all participants feel safe and included (no one left behind)!
– Make new friends to ride with!
*L2S members save 15% on all programs and attend special events/clinics free or at cost! Learn more about joining our community now here!