Have you always wanted to run a 5k?
Do you love hiking and being in the outdoors?
Starting in April 2021!
Check out our latest program just for Colorado women looking for support and community to train for their first 5k (race or adventure) ON THE TRAILS!
Trail running is easier on your body: running on dirt trails has less impact on your joints and running up hills and on rocky surfaces increases strength and stability! Plus recent studies have shown that regular physical activity in nature (fresh air, sunlight) have a strong impact on your mental well-being and happiness.
More program details:
- These are SMALL group sessions, we cap at 8 participants and stay spread out to practice social distancing and keep everyone safe!
- Meet weekly for 6 weeks, exploring different trails for coached sessions slowly building up strength and endurance and celebrating with a group 5k run or race! (participating in a race is optional but we will go as a team and provide a discount code too!)
- Includes a 6 week training program to follow on your own outside of group runs including suggested trails, follow up resources, strength and cross training workouts.
- Clinics with expert guest speakers, like park rangers who will cover safety and wildlife, like what to do if you see a rattlesnake or mountain lion!
- Professional local coaches with backgrounds in exercise science, sports medicine and wilderness training
- Discounts on gear, trail races and more L2S programs!
- Finishers medal when you complete your 5k trail run
- A supportive and inclusive environment with other women just like you! We build from the ground up and no one is ever left behind!
Spring session: Late April- early June
Summer session: Early June- mid July
Late summer session: Mid July- late August
Fall session: Early Sept- Mid October
——> Wednesday evenings at 6:15pm OR Sunday mornings at 8:30am
(subject to change based on daylight and temperature)
We meet at different trails each week along the I-70/c-470 corridor between Golden and Littleton. Many sessions are further west in town allowing most participants traveling from Denver or north to get to our meetups within 30 minutes.
So what are you waiting for?!?
– Perfecting our power hiking + gear for trail running talk
– Considerations when starting out, blisters, chaffing, shoes, hydration
– Techniques/form for steep hills, breathing techniques on a hike
– Fitness for trail running, proper running form and technique + drills and exercises you should be doing on your own.
– Injuries: distinguishing normal training pains with serious injury.
basic first aid, common issues to watch out for, misconceptions.
– Start of easy run/hike intervals
– Wildlife + safety talk, maps, tracking apps
– Longer intervals and learning to follow heart rate zones
– Talk about park protection, sustainability and opportunity to join a trail work day!
– Nutrition to fuel your adventures.
– Handling steeper, technical terrain
– More work on power hiking + learning to run the downhills
– Today is all about endurance!
– Talk about mental strategies, how to deal with not being motivated, tired, side cramps, heat and other elements.
– What to bring on a longer run. We will be out for time, not distance today!
Grand finale= RACE DAY or Adventure day!
Pull it all together for a 5kish distance trail adventure or race. We will take our time to soak in the scenery and put together everything we’ve been working so hard on, after all, it’s all about the journey!