Women’s mountain biking training group starting in September 2018
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!
Riding with others is so much more fun!
Join us for weekly group rides where we will explore new trails, meet new riding buddies and support and encourage each other. L2S has teamed up with Switchback Chics of Colorado for this program.
- 2 coached group rides/training session options a week at different trails across the front range with several additional social rides scheduled where you can invite friends/family
- Meet other women who love mountain biking to train with!
- Option to join our Moab adventure weekend in early November where we will organize some EPIC rides!
- Access to the private L2S training group for the duration of the course. This is where we will post updates and share useful articles, workouts and videos. This will also serve as a community where you can talk, share stories, experiences, tips and meet other women to go on some rides with!
- One of our sweet custom jerseys!
Who is this for?
This is for women who may be newer to the sport or new to town who are looking for some support and guides to show them the best spots for mountain biking across the front range. This course is appropriate for women who successfully completed our Beginner mountain biking course or intermediate riders looking to work on their skill and/or fitness.
What can I expect in the sessions?
- Weekend rides will start short/easy and gradually increase in distance/difficulty. Some rides will be completely casual, just a group of ladies heading out for a ride together.
- Evening sessions will be structured with objectives to accomplish with work on specific skills and techniques. These rides will be shorter, between 4-8 miles. We will include several sessions with pro riders at pump tracks to work specifically on improving our technical riding skills and fitness based loops/hill repeat sessions.
- Weekend long rides and “trailblazers” at most rides to encourage the back of the pack riders
You need to have had some experience mountain biking prior to this program. Ideally being able to complete an easy “blue” ride without problems. We will work on improving our technical riding and fitness throughout the course.
—–> View pictures from our beginner courses HERE.
OR new to mountain biking in general?
Check out our women’s beginner mountain biking course starting in August 2018. These sessions pair coached sessions on handpicked beginner friendly trails and clinics with expert guest speakers on topics that range from how to handle technical terrain, gear for mnt biking, safety on the trails (like what to do if you see a rattlesnake) and more!
Mid September- early November
- Tuesdays OR Wednesdays (alternating) AND either Saturday OR Sunday at different trails across the front range (Golden, Lakewood, Evergreen, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Boulder, Castle Rock) with occasional additional social rides on other days.
- 6pm for the evening sessions and 9am for weekend sessions
* After you register a detailed itinerary will be sent to your inbox with exact dates, times and locations.
—–> We choose rides in the best places to view peak fall colors!
Program cost is $179
REGISTER NOW, SPOTS ARE LIMITED!
Join the Moab adventure weekend!
If you are also a trail runner, there is also the option to participate in the Moab trail half marathon.
Lauren Jones grew up riding the trails in Littleton Colorado and hasn’t stopped! She has her degree in exercise science and sports performance and has experience with long cross country style mountain bike rides and racing.
Switchback Chics mission is to unite & encourage women to be unique, adventure often, pursue passions & discover their true north.