Winter is just around the corner and as the trail running season winds down, this is the perfect time to work on your weaknesses, literally!
Strength and conditioning work is just as important as putting in the mileage in a training routine, if not more so. Let’s spend the next 4 months together building a strong foundation so that you can run stronger and injury free in 2018!
Red Rocks Stair Climbing workouts:
In these 60-90 minute sessions we will work on drills to improve running form and speed. These structured workouts will be tough but appropriate for all levels of fitness and running experience.
November through March 17th, Saturday or Sundays at 9:00am.
STAIR WORKOUTS: At Red Rocks Amphitheatre for a stair climbing workout. Expect a full body workout with drills, sprints, hops and more fun up and down the stairs and bleachers! When the weather is warmer an optional trail run will be included.
TRACK WORKOUTS: Staring in February we will we will mix things up and add a track workout to the schedule. Late winter/early spring is a great time to start working on your speed and running mechanics.
Pricing/register at the bottom of the page.
View the schedule NOW HERE.
Small group strength and conditioning for Runners:
Tuesdays at 6pm, Blue Spruce Brewing (Centennial) just a quick hop off University or Quebec off C-470 (and 20 mins south of Denver)
—–> Stick around after the workout for a brew, cider, appetizers and Trivia Night!!!
These 70 minute sessions will include:
– Specific exercises to strengthen muscles needed to run stronger, longer focusing on building strength for the steep hills and endurance for the long runs
– Work on balance and posture- crucial for trail runners!
– Exercises to target feet, ankles and commonly ignored small stabilizing muscles throughout the body
– Running form and cardio drills to improve anaerobic threshold and running efficiency.
– 15 minutes of foam roll and lacrosse ball rolling at the end of class to break down scar tissue, improve recovery, circulation, and flexibility
– Stretches to target commonly tight muscles in runners that can lead to injury
– Workout and exercise recommendations for what you should be doing at home to maintain and build strength between sessions.
*Bring your own mat and foam roller (if you have one)
Punch card options
The punch card can be used for ALL of the above classes.
$60 for a 5 punch pass
$99 for a 10 class punch pass (less then $10/class)
$160 for a 20 class punch pass ($8/class)
*Members save 15% AND get 1 free class a month (see below)
*Punch cards expire on March 17th
Become an L2S member and save $$!
- Free or discounted access to on-going and special programs and activities
- 1 free class a month
- Monthly motivation challenges. Members participate for FREE! Check out our “Do something active everyday in December” Challenge HERE.
- Partner discounts (apparel, shoes, gear, races and more!)
- Entered into our quarterly giveaways for amazing gear, race entries and more!
- Access to our members only private Facebook group where we will be posting regular training tips, a weekly workout for you to complete on your own or with friends, monthly challenges, share additional articles and videos and where you can connect with other members and local women to train with *This perk alone is worth the monthly fee!!
—–> Learn more about becoming a L2S member