Starting in September, 2021!
Running with others is so much more fun!
Join us for weekly group runs local coaches and guides where we will explore new trails, meet new running buddies and support and encourage each other. Options available for women looking to train for a trail race or just benefit from coached/structured runs.
- 10 week program with 2-3 coached group runs/training session options a week at different trails across the front range as daylight, weather and conditions permit. After work, weekends, early mornings, lunch hour and Fri-yay happy hour run options.
- Dedicated sessions to help you improve your trail running technique and running fitness, speed and strength
- Meet other women who love trail running to train with
- Clinic on running in the dark and through the winter
- Option to train for and complete a local trail race with the group!
- Programming by exercise physiologists, professional running coaches and seasoned trail and ultra runners
- Access to our private Whatsapp group where you can communicate with the other runners in the group, plan meetups and where you can reach our coaches with training questions, tips, etc.
- Discounts on race entries, shoes and gear!
What can I expect in the sessions?
- Weekend long runs will start around 8 miles and will gradually increase in distance (up to 13 miles). For those training for a longer distance event we will be working to arrange additional mileage opportunities prior to or after each coached/guided session.
- Many evening/morning sessions will be structured with intervals, hill repeats and specific objectives to accomplish. These runs will be shorter, between 3-6 miles.
- A handful of sessions will include strength training, track workouts, form drills and core work.
- Several distance options for the weekend long runs and “trailblazers” at most runs to encourage the back of the pack runners and lead the shorter distance options
You need to be able to run a 10k on the trail without stopping before the start of the program
End of program options:
Trail for a trail race with the group!
Our fall crew will be training for the Backcountry Wilderness trail half marathon or take a trip with the group for a weekend full of adventure and participate in the Moab trail half marathon!
Not interested in a formal race? Our grand finale will be a 13-14 mile adventure run with the group complete with a finishers medal!
OR new to trail running in general?
Check out our women’s beginner trail running courses starting in September 2021, these sessions pair coached sessions on the trails (starting with 3 miles and building up to 6) and clinics with expert guest speakers on topics that range from the best gear/shoes for trail running, safety on the trails (like what to do if you see a rattlesnake) and more!
Spring session: April 17th- June 5th
Summer session: July 6th- August 28th
Fall session: Sept 11th- Nov 14th
*we try to offer a minimum of 2 drop-in run options a week. After you register you will have access to our calendar where you can view full details and rsvp for sessions.
- Tuesday evenings either social run or track/hill workout
- Every other Thursday evening social run or track/hill workout
- Every other Friday early morning, lunch hour or happy hour run
- Long run Saturday or Sunday
Parks and trails across the front range. Mainly along the c-470 corridor between Castle Rock and Boulder and into the foothills for longer adventures. Some social runs and track workouts will be closer to Denver.
L2S members save an additional 15% on all programs!