Women’s trail running group starting in September 2018
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!
Running with others is so much more fun!
Join us for weekly group runs local coaches and guides where we will explore new trails, meet new running buddies and support and encourage each other. Options available for women looking to train for a summer trail race or just benefit from coached/structured runs.
Program options include:
- 2-3 coached group runs/training session options a week at different trails across the front range
- Meet other women who love trail running to train with!
- Option to train for and complete a local trail race with the group!
- Post session recap emails and handouts
- Access to the private L2S training group for the duration of the course. This is where we will post updates and share useful articles, workouts and videos. This will also serve as a community where you can talk, share stories, experiences, tips and meet other women to go on some trail runs with!
What can I expect in the sessions?
- Weekend runs will start around 8 miles and will gradually increase in distance. Some runs will be completely casual, just a group of ladies heading out for a run together.
- Evening sessions will be structured with intervals, hill repeats and specific objectives to accomplish. These runs will be shorter, between 3-5 miles.
- A handful of sessions will include strength training, track workouts, form drills and core work.
- Several distance options for the weekend long runs and “trailblazers” at most runs to encourage the back of the pack runners and lead the shorter distance options
You need to be able to run a 10k on the trail without stopping before the start of the program
—–> View pictures from previous year’s programs HERE!
OR new to trail running in general?
Check out our women’s beginner trail running courses starting in August 2018, these sessions pair coached sessions on the trails (starting with 2 miles and building up to 6) and clinics with expert guest speakers on topics that range from the best gear/shoes for trail running, safety on the trails (like what to do if you see a rattlesnake) and more!
September 20th- November 3rd
- Tuesdays and every other Thursday AND either Saturday or Sunday at different trails across the front range (Golden, Lakewood, Evergreen, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Boulder, Castle Rock)
- 6:00pm for the evening sessions and 8:30am for weekend sessions
* After you register a detailed itinerary will be sent to your inbox with exact dates, times and locations.
—–> We choose runs in the best places to view peak fall colors!
Unlimited runs: $119
Short course (1 session a week): $75
REGISTER NOW, SPOTS ARE LIMITED!
Train for a trail race!!
For those signing up for the full program and attending most of the group runs, we will be increasing mileage weekly, working our way up to completing a trail 10k or half marathon. We will be training for the Xterra Golden Gate canyon 8k/22k AND the Moab Trail half Marathon and adventure 5K on 11/3.
Lauren Jones grew up running the trails in Littleton Colorado and hasn’t stopped! She has her degree in exercise science and sports performance and has raced competitively for the last few years.