Starting in April, 2021!
Running with others is so much more fun!
Join us for weekly group runs local coaches and guides where we will explore new trails, meet new running buddies and support and encourage each other. Options available for women looking to train for a trail race or just benefit from coached/structured runs.
——> These are SMALL group sessions, we cap at 10 participants and stay spread out to practice social distancing and keep everyone safe!
- 10 week program with 2-3 coached group runs/training session options a week at different trails across the front range as daylight, weather and conditions permit. After work, weekends, early mornings, lunch hour and Fri-yay happy hour run options.
- Dedicated sessions to help you improve your trail running technique and running fitness, speed and strength
- Meet other women who love trail running to train with
- Option to train for and complete a local trail race with the group!
- Programming by exercise physiologists, professional running coaches and seasoned trail and ultra runners
- Access to our private Whatsapp group where you can communicate with the other runners in the group, plan meetups and where you can reach our coaches with training questions, tips, etc.
- Discounts on race entries, shoes and gear!
What can I expect in the sessions?
- Weekend long runs will start around 6 miles and will gradually increase in distance (up to 13 miles). For those training for a longer distance event we will be working to arrange additional mileage opportunities prior to or after each coached/guided session.
- Many evening/morning sessions will be structured with intervals, hill repeats and specific objectives to accomplish. These runs will be shorter, between 3-6 miles.
- A handful of sessions will include strength training, track workouts, form drills and core work.
- Several distance options for the weekend long runs and “trailblazers” at most runs to encourage the back of the pack runners and lead the shorter distance options
You need to be able to run a 10k on the trail without stopping before the start of the program
End of program options:
Trail for a trail race with the group!
Options include the Ragnar trail relay (we are forming teams w/discount code), Leadville heavy half or full marathon plus a few others!
Not interested in a formal race? Our grand finale will be a 13-14 mile adventure run with the group complete with a finishers medal!
GO BIG or go home!
We mentioned the Leadville trail races. If you are thinking about or already registered for one of these tough events (Heavy half or full) check out our special training program just to prepare you for the specific demands of these events here. We already have a bunch of women signed up and are planning a weekend excursion to race and cheer each other on!
OR new to trail running in general?
Check out our women’s beginner trail running courses starting in late April 2021, these sessions pair coached sessions on the trails (starting with 3 miles and building up to 6) and clinics with expert guest speakers on topics that range from the best gear/shoes for trail running, safety on the trails (like what to do if you see a rattlesnake) and more!
Spring session: April 3rd- June 5th
Summer session: June 20th- Sept 12th
Fall session: Sept 14th- Dec 4th
*we try to offer a minimum of 2 drop-in run options a week. After you register you will have access to our calendar where you can view full details and rsvp for sessions.
- Tuesday evenings either social run or track/hill workout
- Every other Thursday evening social run or track/hill workout
- Friday early morning, lunch hour or happy hour run
- Long run Saturday or Sunday
Parks and trails across the front range. Mainly along the c-470 corridor between Castle Rock and Boulder and into the foothills for longer adventures. Some social runs and track workouts will be closer to Denver.
We cap each session to 10 runners + our coach and trailblazer (helper). Face coverings are required at all sessions and we try to choose locations where we can spread out. We work on pacing strategies so we can spread out and runners are encouraged to find a “pace buddy” to run with for safety. We provide maps of our custom routes prior to starting so runners can hang with the group or are free to go their own pace.
All runners are required to sign a covid waiver prior to participating validating the will not attend runs if they have been exposed to or show any symptoms of the virus.
If we are required to limit our group size further we will have different starting points or start times and split into several pace groups.
Lastly, if we undergo a full shut down we will change everyone over to the virtual membership with a credit towards future programs. Note this program already includes a full training plan to follow week by week including specific run workouts + suggested run locations and routes you can complete on your own or with friends or family outside of group sessions.
L2S members save an additional 15% on all programs!