Running with others is so much more fun!
Join us for weekly group runs with local coaches and guides where we will explore new trails, meet new running buddies and support and encourage each other. Options available for runners of all levels looking to train for a trail race or just benefit from coached/structured runs.
Who is this program for?
Women who can run a 5k on the trails and/or have graduated from our Couch to Trails or Beginner trail Running courses and want to continue growing with the group!
Social runners and Serious runners welcome!
Newer or just getting back to running runners working up to a 5k or 10k distance OR runners who just want to focus on wellness and maintaining a running routine/habit with the support of the group.
Women who have been running regularly but seeking more structured training under the guidance of a professional coach who may be interested in training for a race with the group
There are no pace requirements*, and the group will stay together throughout the run. Many runs also have a Trailblazer volunteer who runs at the back to make sure no one is left behind.
*Power hiking is an important part of trail running!
How does the program work?
The program offers options for every schedule with early morning, after-work, weekend, and happy hour runs!
After registering, you have access to our Google calendar with full details for 3+ drop-in options each week for all levels!
- Guided weekend long runs with Trailblazers at most runs to lead shorter distance options and stay with back of the pack runners
- Coached conditioning workouts including hill repeats, stair and track workouts, and intervals with specific objectives to accomplish.
- Skills based sessions including running form drills, injury prevention and tackling technical terrain.
- Weekly beginner friendly social run or hike including warm-up, guided intervals, stretching and occasionally post run libations!
- Monthly “Prime time” only run for members 50+
- Zoom strength and conditioning workout (strength + pilates/yoga) specific to trail runners (Nov-March)
Runs will take place along the C-470 corridor between Castle Rock and Boulder and into the foothills for longer adventures. Some social runs and track workouts will be closer to Denver.
What else do program fees include?
- Special adventures! Full moon hikes/runs, 13er summits, Holiday lights run, snowshoe running clinic + demos to train for a winter snowshoe race.
- In-person, skill-based training and clinics to help you improve your trail running technique, fitness, speed, and strength. This includes running in the dark and winter running skills!
- Programming by exercise physiologists, physical therapists and professional running coaches who are seasoned trail runners.
- Private Slack group to communicate with other program participants and coaches.
- Local running route suggestions.
- Discounts on race entries, shoes, and gear.
- A safe, inclusive community for trail runners who identify as women.
This year we are organizing a virtual run challenge from Nov 1st- March 1st just for members to help everyone stay accountable over the winter months. View details on our Strava club here and join us!
How much does the program cost?
This is a membership based club at only $59/month, we run year round!
You can cancel at any time. L2S members save an additional 15% on all programs!
Who coaches the program?
Lauren Jones has a degree in exercise science and sports performance with certifications in sports medicine and has explored trails and raced all over the world.
Kriste Peoples is the head coach for the L2S beginner trail running course and has years of experience on the trails and in the wilderness. As a mindfulness coach she brings encouragement and energy into each session she leads.
Lindsay LaForce has been practicing physical therapy for 10 years, specializing in endurance athletes and return to run programming. She is a Certified POSE Running Technique specialist and an ultra runner, Ironman, and momma of two.
Tonya Fuller is a licensed physical therapist and long-time distance athlete and trail runner.
What races are members training for?
- March 12th: Snowshoe for the Cure 5k- we will provide free running snowshoe rentals!
- March 24-27th: Desert Trail running camp– 3 days of epic trail running in Colorado’s wine country!
- April 15th-17th: Desert Rats trail races– 10k, 1/2 marathon, full marathon
- August TBA: Ragnar Grand Tetons
- June 10th-11th: Ragnar Snowmass
- June 18th: Leadville Heavy Half or full
- Sept 29th- Oct 2nd: Rocky Mountain trail running camp
- Oct 15th: The Great Trailhead Footrace (5k or 10 miler)
- Oct 15th: Indian Creek Fifties (15 mile)
- Turkey Trot (on Thanksgiving morning, TBA)
- Dec 10th: Sawmill trail races (8 mile, 16 mile distances)
…….And so many more!
Please email us for access to our race team event calendar or if you have other questions about races!
We all need to get outside and stay social for our physical but more importantly our mental health.
Join us to stay connected, motivated and accountable!
I want to join!
Sign up for month by month, you can join (or cancel) anytime!