Running with others is so much more fun!
Our trail running training club is for women training for a trail race as well as anyone interested in skills-based, structured runs with a professional coach. Join us for weekly group runs to explore new trails and find a community of like-minded women.
Who is this program for?
Women who can run a 10k on trails and are interested in training for distances 10k and beyond!
There are no pace requirements, and the group will stay together throughout the run. Many runs also have a Trailblazer volunteer who runs at the back to make sure no one is left behind.
Many women in the program train for races, but it’s not required.
How does the program work?
The program offers options for every schedule with early morning, after-work, weekend, and happy hour runs!
After registering, you have access to our Google calendar with full details for 3+ drop-in options each week.
- Guided weekend long runs with options for 6-13+ miles with Trailblazers at most runs to lead shorter distance options and stay with back of the pack runners
- Weekday coached workouts including hill repeats, stair workouts, and intervals with specific objectives to accomplish. These runs will be shorter, between 3-5 miles.
- Strength workouts including core work, form drills, track workouts, and strength-training sessions.
- Zoom strength and conditioning workout (strength + pilates/yoga) specific to trail runners
Runs will take place along the C-470 corridor between Castle Rock and Boulder and into the foothills for longer adventures. Some social runs and track workouts will be closer to Denver.
What do program fees include?
- Custom 10-week training plan for 10k to half marathon races, specific to trail running.
- 2 coached group training options per week as daylight, weather and conditions permit.
- 1-2 social runs/hikes a week sometimes starting or ending at a local brewery
- Special adventures! Holiday lights run, full moon hikes/runs, 13er summits, snowshoe running clinic + demos to train for a winter snowshoe race.
- In-person, skill-based training and clinics to help you improve your trail running technique, fitness, speed, and strength. This includes night runs and winter running skills!
- Programming by exercise physiologists and professional running coaches who are seasoned trail and ultra runners.
- Private Slack group to communicate with other program participants and coaches.
- Local running route suggestions.
- Discounts on race entries, shoes, and gear.
- A safe, inclusive community for trail runners who identify as women.
How much does the program cost?
This is a membership based club at only $79/month.
You can cancel at any time. L2S members save an additional 15% on all programs!
Who coaches the program?
Lauren Jones has a degree in exercise science, sports performance with certifications in sports medicine and has explored trails and raced all over the world.
Kriste Peoples is the head coach for the L2S beginner trail running course and has years of experience on the trails and in the wilderness. As a mindfulness coach she brings encouragement and energy into each session she leads.
Lindsay LaForce has been practicing physical therapy for 10 years, specializing in endurance athletes and return to run programming. She is a Certified POSE Running Technique specialist and an ultra runner, Ironman, and momma of two.
Tonya Fuller is a licensed physical therapist and long-time distance athlete and trail runner.
What races are members training for?
- March 12th: Snowshoe for the Cure- we will provide free running snowshoe rentals!
- March 24-27th: Desert Trail running camp– 3 days of epic trail running in Colorado’s wine country!
- April 15th-17th: Desert Rats trail races– 10k, 1/2 marathon, full marathon
- August TBA: Ragnar Grand Tetons
- June 10th-11th: Ragnar Snowmass
- June 18th: Leadville Heavy Half or full
- Sept 29th- Oct 2nd: Rocky Mountain trail running camp
- Oct 15th: The Great Trailhead Footrace (10k or 10 miler)
- Oct 15th: Indian Creek Fifties (15 mile)
…….And so many more!
Please email us for access to our race team event calendar or if you have other questions about races!
We all need to get outside and stay social during these tough times for our physical but more importantly our mental health.
Join us to stay connected, motivated and accountable!
I want to join!
Sign up for month by month, you can join (or cancel) anytime!