Women’s trail running group starting in April 2018
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!
Running with others is so much more fun!
Join us for weekly group runs lead by professional coaches where we will explore new trails, meet new running buddies and support and encourage each other. Options available for women looking to train for a summer trail race or just benefit from coached/structured runs.
Program options include:
- 2-3 coached group runs/training session options a week at different trails across the front range
- Meet other women who love trail running to train with!
- 10 week training program for you to follow outside our group runs (includes run/cross training and strength training recommendations- full program only)
- Option to train for and complete a local trail race with the group!
- Access to our members only private Facebook group where we will be posting regular training tips, a weekly workout for you to complete on your own or with friends, can connect with other members and local women to train with and sharing additional articles, videos and more.
What can I expect in the sessions?
- Weekend tuns will start short and gradually increase in distance. Some runs will be completely casual, just a group of ladies heading out for a run together.
- Evening sessions will be structured with intervals, hill repeats and specific objectives to accomplish. These runs will be shorter, between 3-5 miles.
- A handful of sessions will include strength training, track workouts, form drills and core work.
- Several distance options for the weekend long runs and “trail blazers” at most runs to encourage the back of the pack runners and lead the shorter distance options
You need to be able to run a 5k on the trail without stopping before the start of the program.
OR new to trail running in general?
Check out our women’s beginner trail running courses starting in April 2018, these sessions pair coached sessions on the trails (starting with 2 miles and building up to 6) and clinics with expert guest speakers on topics that range from the best gear/shoes for trail running, safety on the trails (like what to do if you see a rattlesnake) and more!
Week of April 15th – June 24th
- Tuesdays and every other Thursday AND either Saturday or Sunday at different trails across the front range (Golden, Lakewood, Evergreen, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Boulder, Castle Rock)
- 6pm for the evening sessions and 8am for weekend sessions
* After you register a detailed itinerary will be sent to your inbox with exact dates, times and locations.
—–> View last year’s fall sample schedule HERE.
– 2-3 weekly coached runs at trails across the front range
– Includes a 10 week training program for a 10k or half marathon trail race!
– Access to private Facebook group
– Join us for just one run a week, an evening session (shorter 3-5 miles and/or track/hill workouts) OR the Saturday/Sunday longer distance runs.
– Access to private Facebook group
– This is a great option if you can only make it to 1 session a week, you can attend any day depending on your schedule (missed sessions don’t carry over to the following week)
REGISTER NOW, SPOTS ARE LIMITED!
Train for a trail race!!
For those signing up for the full program and attending most of the group runs, we will be increasing mileage weekly, working our way up to completing a trail 10k or half marathon. We are forming teams for the June 9th-10th Snowmass Ragnar Trail Relay and the Ridgeline 10k or 1/2 marathon as a group!
Lauren Jones grew up running the trails in Littleton Colorado and hasn’t stopped! She has her degree in exercise science and sports performance and has raced competitively for the last few years.