Standup paddleboarding is quickly becoming one of the most popular sports in Colorado. It is relaxing, perfect for all ages and fitness levels and a fun way to spend time in the great outdoors while practicing social distancing.
If you live in Colorado and love SUP or want to get into the sport we’ve got you covered! Check out the resources we’ve compiled plus information on rentals, upcoming events and more.
Where to go:
– Check out the Boatable Waters Directory by Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
– View and add to this locally crowdsourced map with details about different SUP destinations around Colorado!
– Beat the heat! Read our article with some recommendations for local hikes and places to SUP.
Women SUP Colorado:
This group is for all Colorado women who love standup paddle boarding OR are just getting into the sport and are seeking resources, support, camaraderie and to meet new SUP buddies
—-> Check out our new SUP Sisters membership club where we provide discounts on gear, boards, rentals, lessons and organize social events all year round!
– Strava app has a setting just for SUP where you can track your distance, speed and location. It’s pretty cool!
– Go Paddling: Access to over 22,000 paddling locations worldwide with the option to plan your route!
– Windy app: View current wind conditions and forecasts so that you can plan your SUP adventure without worrying about dangerous wind gusts or conditions that could make your
Fitness for SUP:
Here are a couple of workouts we put together to help you get or stay strong for SUP season! More to come soon too!
More info! SUP purchase and storage articles.
L2S has a fleet of inflatable boards available for rentals. We like to call this an “Adventure rental” as we hope that you are able to get out and spend an entire weekend exploring and enjoying your SUP experience!
Our rentals are unique in that they are for 48 hours and come with:
- Class III life jacket (appropriate for river SUP)
- Option for an electric pump
- High quality backpack with roller wheels and paddle waist/shoulder straps if you are looking to hike back to an alpine lake
- Instructional videos on how to properly inflate/deflate your board, put on the fin, adjust paddle height to prevent shoulder strain and also tips standing up, balance, how to hold and efficiently use your paddle and more!
- Lake OR river SUP boards available (including dry bag and quick release leash)
We will also send you a questionnaire to assess the best board to fit your SUP experience, balance and body type. We want to make sure you have the best experience possible and get hooked on this sport that we love so much!
Our pickup location is centrally located between three of the most popular places to SUP on the front range AND best of all at a local brewery. All rentals come with a discounted brew, help us to support local!
Lastly, if you love your rental we can also help you to get 10-20% off retail on the best local boards if you want to invest in your own inflatable SUP. View our boards here, we work directly with SOL and POP for discounts for our followers.
*If you are interested in a longer rental period and/or consultation for river sup or specific location recommendations please contact us at: email@example.com for details.
Purchase a SUP!
We work with a variety of small, family owned businesses to provide quality boards, electric pumps and accessories. View the shop now HERE.
Life’s 2 Short Fitness is offering a variety of SUP social events and skills based lessons for those newer to the sport or looking to take it to the next level. We will be adding more to the schedule soon!
Click here to view full details of all offerings and make sure to sign up early, spots are limited.
Social SUP events:
Bi-monthly social events including Sunset glow paddle, SUP n’ pup and family SUP meetups.
SUP basics skills clinic:
New to stand-up paddleboarding or looking to improve your technique? Join this informative clinic + paddle with a certified local instructor. Schedule is live through May, learn more and sign up now HERE.
SUP Fitness paddles:
60 minute workout and skills practice with an instructor. We do a warm-up and core workout on the beach, talk about efficient paddle technique and then head onto the water to practice drills and fitness intervals for 1-2 laps around the lake. Be prepared for a great workout and great improvements in your SUP skills and fitness! Schedule is live through May, learn more and sign up now HERE.
Join us for a long weekend or week-long adventure in Colorado or beyond that includes plenty of SUP (lake, river, ocean, SUP yoga + instruction), hiking and more excursions! You can view the line-up now HERE.
L2S is offering small group and private lessons for those new to the sport or looking to improve skill or fitness on flatwater or interested in racing or river SUP!
Lauren Jones is a Colorado native and has been participating in water sports since a child; white water rafting, kayaking, surfing and paddleboarding all over the world!
She is a PSUPA certified instructor and has dabbled in river and lake SUP racing however she loves the adventure of a good river or ocean SUP adventure!
Brie Bustos made her way to Colorado from Iowa almost 20 years ago and is self-proclaimed mermaid, she just loves the water! When she is not on her mountain bike or spending time with her kids you will find her on a boat, cruising, waterskiing or exploring by SUP. She is also a PSUPA certified instructor and loves helping beginners find their groove! Brie is the owner of Switchback Chics which provides inspiration and community for women who love the outdoors!
—–> If you are interested in learning more about setting up a small group or private lesson with Lauren or Brie, please fill out this intake form and we will get in touch with more details!